Monday, September 27, 2010

Dinn Dinn Dinner

So the other night I made a yummy dinner with what was in the fridge. Dad and I had been taking a walk home and passed the local fish market so I stopped and bought some shrimp. I figured I could put something together with whatever was in the house. And may I add I did pretty good considering I didn't make it to the supermarket to buy anything other than the shrimp.

I had fresh parsley, grape tomatoes, a lonely lemon, garlic of course, box of thin spaghetti, fresh thyme, and some pantry seasonings.


 I cut the grape tomatoes in half (using the whole container). I chopped the garlic and peeled off the leaves of thyme.
 I placed about a tablespoon of basil infused extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan to sautee the garlic in.
 I shelled and deveined the shrimp and then seasoned it with salt, fresh cracked pepper, and dried basil.
 I placed the garlic and tomatoes in the pan to start sauteeing. I added a small pad of butter, a tablespoon or so.
 I then added a small amount of whole milk to the pan of tomatoes. This milk had a buttery and creamy quality to it and it made for a great light creamy sauce. I then zested the lemon and used the zest, NOT the juice. It added a nice subtle hint of citrus to the sauce that consisted of fresh thyme, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter, tomatoes, and milk.
 I had seared the shrimp in a seperate pan and then added them to the sauce before they were cooked all the way through to prevent them from being overcooked. Because the sauce was very hot. I then topped it with fresh parsley. I gave it all a good mix and toss.
 I then placed the shrimp and tomatoes over a bowl of thin spaghetti.
Dad's contribution was a yummy Pecan pie with a very flaky crust, hence it breaking a bit on the side due to me being rough lol.

All in all it was a quick and yummy dinner. Not too bad considering I didn't make it to the store for a solid list of ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Alycia!

    Thanks for dropping by! I hope I can have a giveaway with Susila Tantrik's lingerie soon ;-).

    This food looks awesome! It's been a while sine I last saw 100% raw prawns. Here, they usually sell them already boiled a bit (so they look orange when you purchase them). I think it's because they last longer like that.

    Do you kno what? I've been reading in blogs that American people love pecan pie, but didn't know what that was, haha. Today I've finally found out! =)

    Hug!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete