Monday, October 4, 2010

Some People Lack Creativity

I have been making my sunglasses and glasses for my Etsy shop and then a fan sent me a link to another shop on Etsy that had been copying my crystal nerdy glasses. It is really annoying but you know what? I think mine look better, cleaner, and more meticulously done.

I make it a point to use authentic swarovski crystals that are hand placed delicately and precisely. I am not charging astronomical amounts for them either. I guess she couldn't come up with something on her own. I am glad I could help inspire someone lol. Anyways on a happier note I am glad that I have fans who send me messages about this. My response is :

Often Imitated but Never Duplicated!

You be the judge:

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of which, yesterday I saw these and I remember you! You do cool stuff! =)
    http://streetstylelondon.blogspot.com/2010/10/bling.html

    Hug!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I think this is the best DIY project I've ever seen!! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Alycia! Thanks! One question, are these glam/nerd glasses suitbale as prescription glasses? I really like them, maybe when I'm the States I'll be able to purchase them =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't wear contacts =(! But we'll see once I'm settled in the States =). Thanks for replying!

    Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There have been a few different etsy bloggers complaining about this type of thing recently. Your glasses are great, but good ideas will always be copied! Worse luck!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    Daisy Dayz Day Zero Challenge

    ReplyDelete