Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beach Waves

So Summer is Here and what is better than no hassle beach hair? Nothing! Because I for one hate having to worry about straightening or curling my hair all the time in the summer. I love to have just an easy carefree look and it is one of the reasons that I really love summer because I feel like the tousled look is completely appropriate and acceptable for a daytime look or even a night out. I used to always use John Freida's Beach Blonde Waves. The product was unfortunately discontinued, which has left me clueless and stunned. You can still find a bottle from time to time on Ebay. I had bought a box of 5 when they first were discontinued and it ran me like $65 dollars when they were originally like $6 in drugstores. NOW on Ebay they are selling half a bottle for $$35 !!! Are you kidding me!?!? Then another one is full for $65!!! John Frieda needs to make this product again! I used to love it! The smell and it worked wonders without having to even use the hair dryer!


I have tried other products that claim to achieve the same look but they have all fallen short of the John Frieda product. I have tried Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and it was quite pricey for the amount. It wasn't bad but not great.. I felt as though it made my hair feel dry.  It was about $20 something dollars too!

I also tried a few other products I don't feel like even listing because they too weren't great. I did however use John Frieda's Starlit Waves for Brunettes which was good but not as good as the Beach Blonde Spray. But it too was discontinued!?!?! WTF?! lol Can't win!

But one product I am dying to try is the Frederic Fekkai Marine Wave products:
Any input on this product? I really want to have an idea if its worth the $24.
Otherwise I may try this one that I have seen at Ulta stores:



I definitely need to find a product that works. I also want to get the ombre look done to my hair as well. Ahhh too bad I need to save money lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment