Sunday, June 12, 2011

Donut Demise

Today was a pretty easy day. Did a few errands for a film fest we are catering later this week. But on our way to the sign maker we stopped at the Doughnut Plant for these delectable donuts! I first heard about the Doughnut Plant on a food show and wanted to try it! But never got around to it. One day I was in Dean and Deluca and saw a donut called Tres Leches. I bought it and then later realized it was made by the Doughnut Plant and I then was aware of all the hype! They are delicious! It is literally a bit of heaven in EVERY bite.

So today I went to Dean and Deluca and they were sold out so my Dad and I decided we should check out the actual location where this delectable donuts are being sold. So off to Grand Street we went!
The Line Was a Bit Long
 Check out these specials! Yummy!
Dad waiting inside patiently for his favorite donut!
 There it is! His Coconut Square Donut which is also filled with a coconut cream filling!


 Dad very happily posing with the donut he demolished in -2 seconds
And this ^ my friends is MY Favorite! The Tres Leches donut! Not too sweet and almost has a subtle note of saltiness that offsets the sweet glaze. This donut is cake-like but not too dense which I love! Its so soft and smooth and the best part is that it is filled with cream inside! You wouldn't expect that from a donut with a hole but its got filling! SOOO Good.
^This donut didn't stand a chance! I was going in for the kill!
Here is Me with a mouthful of yummy goodness. Please don't mind the fact that I look like a porker but I just couldn't contain myself. Not to mention I am currently on a diet and I definitely didn't just cheat on my diet, I had an all out passionate affair with this Tres Leches Donut. It was a moment of bliss and pleasure. Brief moment but a great moment nonetheless. Hmm reminds me of an ex. The brief part, not the pleasure Haha
 Me still chewing and realizing that this donut would be my demise. 
Take note that after these incredibly unflattering and incriminating photos were taken, I went home and worked my ass off because this wasn't the only donut I had. I had a half of a creme brulee donut which was amazing as well. A bit sweet but had the crunchy creme brulee top filled with a deliciously smooth creamy filling. Ahhh enough about sugary foods. I'm off to go do more crunches haha.

1 comment:

  1. MMMMM Donuts! Haha Delicious.




    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete