Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas Gift Makeover

So I'm sure we all have received an article of clothing or a fashion accessory that well, is lacking the "fashion" part but sometimes it just needs a little creative attention.

I received a purse from someone over the age of 60 and it was a faux leather bag that I actually wasn't to displeased to open because I saw its potential. My dad's girlfriend on the other hand was embarrassed by her mothers gift lol.

I knew I had plenty of trim from my sunglass making days so I decided to bust out my bag of tricks and I got to work!

Pyramid studs, check. Pliers, check. Chain, check. Purse in need of a makeover, CHECK!

I sadly didn't take a pic of it before but you can imagine by the picture of it after the studding process began.

There is also a picture of a final product which I am quite pleased with. I took a bag that looked appropriate for a 60 year old to a funky bag that's a bit edgy and age appropriate for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment