Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hair Care Share

I have been unfortunate enough to be one of those girls who often has to wash her hair everyday. Unfortunately as soon as I go to bed and wake up, my hair is atrocious. Therefore I am stuck washing it again despite hair stylists telling me it is not the best thing to do. My bangs tend to get icky looking so sometimes I can get away with just washing them to spruce up my hair. But otherwise I end up just doing it all.

Three years ago my mother bought me a can of "Dry" shampoo. If you know my mother you'd know that she is a sucker for any gimmick someone throws at her. Sometimes it works in my favor when she brings home things like Benefit Erase Paste, or Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, or Bareminerals. But other times it doesn't. This wasn't exactly one of those times.

The can she presented me with was Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo (the one in the yellow and white can). I read the directions and gave this foreign hair care product a try. It wasn't bad but was not great. I felt I had to use a lot for it to work and before I knew it the can was empty after a few applications. I tried it again in recent months and it seems better but still not for me.
I then went into Sephora in December to track down the other Invisible version of the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo.


Sadly, this one wasn't much better. Yes it didn't leave the white residue but it also seemed to be a lot wetter of a spray. The smell also reminded me of kitchen cleaner and the women who helped me at Sephora agreed with me. But I was desperate and needed to try a new spray and find one that worked! So I purchased it. I was not too thrilled with the outcome. It left my hair wet and taking longer to dry out. It overall left me frustrated and I never even finished the can. It sits somewhere in a travel bag.

So the options for dry shampoo were starting to wither away. But Christmas morning came and in my stocking was Samy Dry Shampoo (2 cans!). I thought that this may be the one that would work for me! Oh how I was mistaken.
This "Dry Cleansing Spray" was probably one of the worst of the lot. It did nothing in terms of helping my hair. It left it feeling dirty and it had the feeling of hair spray residue. I was not happy at all! So I thought maybe I used too much. I then cut back on the amount I applied. Still Terrible! I think that is why I have yet to track it down anywhere on the internet. Samy now has another one that is made with Oat Extract. (Pictured below)
If anyone has any reviews on this product, please let me know!

Then after my Dry Shampoo hunt continued on, I spotted a white can of Ojon Rub Out Shampoo. There it was in Sephora. I warily approached it and then sprayed a bit to see what it smelled like. And it was the only of the Dry Shampoos that was bearable! It was super sweet smelling which in comparison to the ones that smelled like PineSol or freshly cut grass, it would suffice.


I purchased the small can and was wary because I read reviews about the cans and nozzles being faulty. But I got home and used it after a day of helping my dad on his food truck (which leaves my hair greasy and Yuck looking). The Ultimate Test! And it worked! Yes it left the white residue but with a few shakes with my fingertips it was almost all gone and I then took a small comb from my purse and after a few combs it was perfect. I had finally met my match! I was thrilled! After a week I went and bought another small can. Why did I buy the small can?!? I still don't know. But then when that second can ran out, I was in trouble! The cans were no longer white when I went back to Sephora! I immediately thought "BREATHE! It is just probably a new and improved packaging" So I asked the women who was stocking the products. She assured me that it was just a new and improved can that was addressing the issues of the faulty nozzles. PHEW! I grabbed it and ran to the register! I was so happy that when I left Sephora I went to Forever21 and decided to look at some clothes.

I was in the dressing room and thought that I should try the spray because my hair was looking a bit drab on top. BIG MISTAKE! This spray that I was so tightly coveting was in fact an IMPOSTOR! The spray smelled horrible! So horrible in fact that girls in the dressing room said, "What is that smell?" And the discussions grew "It smells like winterfresh gum." "Yeah Mixed with Hollister cologne" "Yeah and bit of Febreze and floor cleaner." I was now panicking! The smell was potent! I felt like it was all I could smell! And I got dressed and rushed my way out of there! I was sooo mad!!!

Stay away from this god awful light blue can of Napalm! I hate it and am so mad that I wasted my money! Ugh so now the hunt continues ! Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment